Tanya Taylor is looking for a passionate and driven Director or Sr. Manager of E-commerce to join our growing team.
Tanya Taylor is looking for a passionate and driven Director or Sr. Manager of E-commerce to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is able to think outside of the box and thrive in a small, hands-on environment.
The Director / Sr. Manager of E-Commerce will be responsible for driving the strategy and growth of the e-commerce business, and in this role will be responsible for overseeing the execution of all e-commerce-related tasks, such as site maintenance and development, content and product uploads, product buys, site merchandising, A/B testing, e-mail marketing strategy and deployment, order fulfillment, customer service, and overall e-commerce operations. This role reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and will also work closely with her on all performance media including paid search, paid social, and affiliate marketing.
The ideal candidate is an expert in e-commerce and is excited to join a fast-paced, high-growth company where he or she will have the ability to shape the strategy and growth of the e-commerce business. Critical thinking, innovation, strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills will also be required.
- Report to Senior Director of Marketing and manage one direct report, Customer Service & E-Commerce Assistant
- Work with Senior Director of Marketing, Director of Finance & Strategy, and President to set performance & financial goals for e-commerce business
- Manage e-commerce analytics and KPIs, delivering ongoing reporting and actionable insights into product sell through and site and marketing performance
- Partner with marketing and creative team on content calendar and strategy for the site, leading A/B testing plans and making strategic recommendations based on user behavior
- Partner with marketing team on e-mail marketing strategy and calendar, while driving deployment, segmentation, and A/B testing plans
- Partner with Senior Director of Marketing to manage paid media agency overseeing paid search, paid social, and display advertising
- Oversee affiliate marketing/third party platforms and partnerships
- Manage outside developers, taking weekly calls and executing on development roadmap, consistently updating and improving UX and UI
- Own and execute promotional strategy for the site, partnering with marketing on messaging and cadence
- Manage category financials and forecasting, partnering with planner to create open-to-buy
- Manage inventory flow, replenishment, and seasonal buys for site
- Manage all new product set up and product launches
- Manage and process all e-commerce orders and returns, partnering with Operations Manager where needed
- Oversee all customer service and private client communications, managing Customer Service & E-Commerce Assistant to ensure a high-touch, high-quality approach to customer care at all times
- 6-10 years of experience in an e-commerce role
- Demonstrated ability to grow an e-commerce business and manage direct reports
- Expertise with Shopify, Google Analytics, Klaviyo, Returnly, or other comparable platforms
- Experience with Customer Service, and knowledge of platforms such as Kustomer or ZenDesk, a major plus
- A strategic thinker and digital innovator, leading to commercial success
- A multi-tasker who can balance quality with efficiency in a small company
- A detail-oriented, organized, and self-starting individual
- Someone who works well under pressure; able to use discretionary judgment and make solid decisions
- Must have a positive attitude, be able to take feedback, and quickly pivot to new directions when needed
- Bring passion, creativity, energy, and inspiration to the team; possess the ability to suggest feedback with conviction
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com, subject line: E-commerce Director Application