GALERIE.LA is the premier retail destination for conscious women who love fashion.
GALERIE.LA is the premier retail destination for conscious women who love fashion. We thoughtfully curate the finest selection of sustainable fashion from emerging brands worldwide. GALERIE.LA is committed to transparency – we empower our customers to shop their values using a badge system, disclosing where every item in our store is made and the materials its made from. We’re currently seeking a CONTENT & COMMUNITY MANAGER for our flagship and first offline store located at ROW DTLA.
Retail – Content & Community Manager
Are you a content or community manager looking for a new challenge in a retail space? Are you seeking greater ownership and building long-term sustainable value?
We’re expanding our small team and bringing on a new Retail & Community Manager to drive our content and grow our community of conscious consumers, sustainable businesses and brand ambassadors.
- Managing the day-to-day store operations
- Maintaining company standards and expectations
- Engage with our ROW DTLA community to coordinate holiday gifting services
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting to Founder about store happenings, developments, customer visits
- You will own our content calendar, determine which brands, products and categories to feature and create editorial stories around them for our newsletter, blog and social media channels.
- Conduct SEO research and optimization.
- Create thoughtful content!
- Manage/grow the community. You’ll serve as our brand ambassador, engage with the community, and manage the flow of communication with our community.
- Oversee quality metrics.
- Outsource necessary tasks and seek out new collaborations with creatives, ethical businesses and sustainable influencers and leaders to produce original content.
- Excited about changing the world and supporting the GALERIE.LA mission
- 2+ years experience as a content creator and manager, content marketer, community manager or social media manager, or other relevant digital marketing field.
- Exceptional customer service and sales driven. Hospitality experience and overall mindset.
- Understanding and experience managing a small team.
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy.
- Writing skills and editorial instinct. You can research, write and edit engaging content.
- Basic familiarity with SEO. You understand basic SEO best practices and how to conduct keyword research using tools such as Google Trends, Google Keyword Planner, or SEMRush.
- Strong analytical skills. You know how to translate goals into KPIs and optimize them over time. You’re familiar with basic analytics tools for social media, email, and the web.
- Interest in online shopping and e-commerce. You love tracking sustainable fashion brands, consumer trends and keeping up with the latest innovations in fashion.
- Has knowledge of the local DTLA community.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Professional demeanor and chic appearance.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Flexible schedule and must be able to work weekends.
About the job:
- Emphasis on ownership. This is a leadership role.
- Lead and motivate a small team to increase sales by fostering a creative and collaborative environment.
- Tentative Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Store Hours: 10:30am – 6:30pm *Must be flexible for longer hours due to events.
- Independent Contractor. Temporary to hire: 3 month commitment
- This position pays a set monthly salary of $2400 + commission. Pay is Bi-Weekly every other Friday.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Online Sales Commission
- Clothing Allowance
- Monthly Per Diem
- Team lunches + team events
- DTLA Los Angeles, CA (GALERIE.LA Required)
- Email Resume & Cover letter to email@example.com with the email subject “Retail – Community & Content Manager” telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for the Retail – Community & Content Manager
- 1 minute video “What connects you to GALERIE.LA’s mission?”
- Links to Portfolio, Website/Blog and/or Instagram
- Demonstrate interest in sustainable fashion with any relevant content you’ve written or produced.