AREA is a womenswear and accessories design studio specializing in quality craftsmanship, textile development, and innovative embellishment.
Founded in 2014 by designers Beckett Fogg and Piotrek Pansczczyk in downtown New York City, AREA is a womenswear and accessories design studio specializing in quality craftsmanship, textile development, and innovative embellishment. Since its launch, AREA has garnered a cult following with their modern and timeless take on beauty and glamour.
AREA’s signature style is multi-faceted; witty, inherently glam, playfully decadent and injected with a pop energy. The brand shares its name and spirit with the iconic 80s Manhattan nightclub, known for its fusion of art and performance in conceptually-themed nights attracting an eclectic mix of uptown and downtown scenes along with international celebrities.
Currently stocked at leading retailers around the globe, AREA has grown beyond its Downtown roots, spreading its ethos of inclusiveness and irreverent glamour around the globe.
- Strong understanding of garment construction
- Strong knowledge of fabric
- Knowledge of the garment district is a plus
- Proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator
- Previous fashion internship experience (preferred but not required)
- Available at least two full days per week
- Hands-on attitude and team player mentality
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with strong follow-through skills
- Assisting team in all aspects of design studio tasks
- Assisting the patternmaker and sample-sewer in developing finishings, protos, seam trials, etc.
- Fabric and trim sourcing for runway, production, and special projects
- Communicating and maintaining relationships with local factories
- Light hand and machine sewing on occasion
- Managing studio organization and upkeep
TRIM / EMBROIDERY DEVELOPMENT
- Familiar with hand and machine sewing
- Available to commit a minimum of 2 days per week
- Ability to work independently to complete projects
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Positive attitude
- Help creating embroidery artwork and trim mockups
- Assist in errands relating to material sourcing and organizing samples
- Work on style/design tech pack.
- Create trim development with mix media – metalwork, rhinestone cup chain, ribbon, and etc.
Start date is flexible and internship is unpaid.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org